Civic Hive Fellowship Program 2022 is now accepting applications from early-stage Civic innovators with tech-enabled ideas. The fellowship is a 20-week bootcamp and implementation program designed for early-stage Civic innovators with tech-enabled ideas that can solve social problems.
The incubation program will focus on bringing more players into the civic tech space. The Civic Hive project, under the fellowship program, seeks to raise a new set of civic tech leaders that transform governance. Civic Hive will put out a call for application for innovative civic ideas and solutions. Successful applicants will be taken through a series of training on financial, business, website, and social media management. The fellowship program will be sustained throughout the project to incubate 12 new innovative and creative solutions in the civic space.
Civic Hive Fellowship Program Eligibility
- Open to early-stage Civic innovators with tech-enabled ideas that can solve social problems.
- They look for solutions that advance transparency, accountability, and civic engagement in thematic sectors.
- They will embrace different levels of ideas, irrespective of the scale – local or hyperlocal – and they will be open to the diverse use of technology – radio, text, print, IoT, machine learning, artificial intelligence, or social media – as a channel.
Civic Hive Fellowship Program Benefits
- The fellows will be given a platform to project their works, leveraging BudgIT’s network to meet with prospective donors and mentors.
- Fellows will be placed on a monthly stipend of N200,000 and provided a working space throughout the fellowship.
Civic Hive Fellowship Program Selection Criteria
They will also focus on the impact the ideas will have on the people and the civic spaces, the sustainability of ideas to deliver value, and the unrelenting spirit of the participants.
How to Apply for Civic Hive Fellowship Program
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
The deadline for application is February 28, 2022. The program will run from April to September 2022.