UNILAG JUPEB Admission Form 2023/2024: The University of Lagos (UNILAG) School of Foundation Studies has announced the commencement of admission process for its Joint Universities Preliminary Examination Board (JUPEB) programme (previously known as Foundation Programme) for the 2023/2024 academic session. Key details regarding the program, the prerequisites, and the application process are provided in this thorough blog article.
About the Programme
The School of Foundation Studies at UNILAG offers a robust and intensive one-year programme. Successful candidates can gain Direct Entry admission into the 200 Level of the Degree Programmes of the University through JAMB. There’s also a pathway for admission into prestigious universities in the UK and China. Please note that currently, the programme does not provide facilities for the visually impaired and is strictly a non-residential programme.
The programme is aligned with the JUPEB syllabus and offers the following subject combination groupings:
|1||CRS/IRS – Music – Visual Arts||SFS01|
|2||CRS/IRS – French – Literature in English||SFS02|
|3||CRS/IRS – Igbo/Yoruba – Literature in English||SFS03|
|4||CRS/IRS – History – Literature in English||SFS04|
|5||CRS/IRS – Music – Literature in English||SFS05|
|6||Economics – History – Literature in English||SFS06|
|7||CRS/IRS – Igbo/Yoruba – Visual Arts||SFS07|
|8||CRS/IRS – History – Visual Arts||SFS08|
|9||CRS/IRS – Government – Visual Arts||SFS09|
|10||CRS/IRS – Government – Music||SFS10|
|11||CRS/IRS – Government – Igbo/Yoruba||SFS11|
|12||CRS/IRS – Economics – Government||SFS12|
|13||CRS/IRS – French – Government||SFS13|
|14||Literature – Government – French||SFS14|
|15||CRS/IRS – Government – Literature in English||SFS15|
|16||Literature In English – Music – Visual Arts||SFS16|
|17||French – Igbo/Yoruba – Literature in English||SFS17|
|18||Government – Music – Visual Arts||SFS18|
|19||Economics – Government – Literature in English||SFS19|
|20||Business Studies – Economics – Mathematics||SFS20|
|21||Government – Music – Literature in English||SFS21|
|22||Accounting – Business Studies – Economics||SFS22|
|23||Accounting – Economics – Geography||SFS23|
|24||Accounting – Economics – Government||SFS24|
|25||Business Studies – Economics – Government||SFS25|
|26||Business Studies – Economics – Geography||SFS26|
|27||Economics – Geography – Government||SFS27|
|28||Biology – Chemistry – Physics||SFS28|
|29||Biology – Mathematics – Physics||SFS29|
|30||Biology – Economics – Government||SFS30|
|31||Biology – Chemistry – Mathematics||SFS31|
|32||Biology – Chemistry – Economics||SFS32|
|33||Chemistry – Physics – Mathematics||SFS33|
|34||Chemistry – Economics – Mathematics||SFS34|
|35||Economics – Mathematics – Physics||SFS35|
|36||Mathematics – Physics – Visual Arts||SFS36|
|37||Mathematics – Economics – Geography||SFS37|
|38||Mathematics – Geography – Physics||SFS38|
|39||Mathematics – Economics – Government||SFS39|
To be eligible, applicants must have at least FIVE credits (including English Language, Mathematics and three other relevant subjects) at the SSCE/WASSC, GCE/O/L, NECO level. All results should have been obtained in one sitting and before registration.
Applicants can apply online by visiting the School of Foundation Studies application site on applications.unilag.edu.ng. Following the instructions on the site, they need to complete the Pre-Application Form to generate a payment reference number (PRN). Payment of the non-refundable application fee (N25,000) can be made at any Commercial bank in Nigeria using the PRN.
After payment, applicants can log in using their PRN as username and surname in lowercase as password, complete the application form, and print two copies. The examination pass and practice questions will be available online one week before the examination date.
- Visit the School of Foundation Studies application site at applications.unilag.edu.ng.
- Click on the “School of Foundation Studies” option under the Prospective Students menu.
- Review the subject combinations relevant to your desired course of study for Direct Entry admission. Note that there have been changes to the previous combinations.
- Fill out the Pre-Application Form to obtain a payment reference number (PRN) using the applicant’s correct names as stated in the birth certificate and other relevant documents.
- Make the payment at any commercial bank in Nigeria using the payment reference number (PRN).
- The Application Form fee, which includes online practice tests (excluding bank charges), is N25,000.00 (non-refundable).
- Return to the applications site at applications.unilag.edu.ng.
- Log in with the PRN as the username and the applicant’s surname in lowercase as the password.
- Complete the application form and print two copies for your records.
- The examination pass will be available online one week before the examination date. Print a copy for yourself.
- Practice questions will be accessible online one week before the examination date (log in with your application number as the username and the surname in lowercase as the password).
Note: Before completing the online application forms, please read the information regarding the subject combinations relevant to your desired course of study.
Key Dates and Examination Information
The application process opens on Monday, June 12, 2023 and closes on Friday, August 11, 2023. The entrance examination will take place on Saturday, 19, August 2023 at the Distance Learning Institute (DLI) in the University of Lagos.
The mode of examination will be Computer-Based Testing (CBT) with multiple-choice questions.
- The examination consists of four subjects: Mathematics and English Language (20 questions each), as well as three other relevant subjects chosen by the candidate (15 questions each), totaling 85 questions.
- Candidates who have Mathematics as one of their subject combinations must select Further Mathematics as one of the subjects in the entrance examination combination.
- All questions must be answered within a one-hour time frame.
Results and merit admission will be released on www.unilag.edu.ng. Please note that admission into undergraduate programmes is based on approved capacity for each programme and does not always guarantee a seat in the preferred course of choice.
The University reserves the right to conduct or adopt other measures of testing for courses where there are more successful candidates than the approved capacity. The University of Lagos maintains a zero-tolerance policy for drug abuse, sexual harassment, cultism, cybercrime, examination misconduct, indecent dressing, and other anti-social behaviour.
For any further queries, please contact the Director, School of Foundation Studies, via phone at +2349093621958, +2348165378747 (office hours only, 8 am-6 pm) or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.