MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the University of Pretoria is opened for applications. The University of Pretoria (UP) in partnership with the Mastercard Foundation (MCF) is currently offering scholarships for high achieving African students interested in studying at postgraduate levels, commencing in January 2022.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) targets academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Africa who will contribute to the transformation of the continent through their knowledge, skills, attitudes and values evidenced by their leadership. Community service and internships are essential components of the Program. The MCFSP offers a full scholarship to selected students who have been provisionally admitted to study towards a postgraduate degree at UP. Graduates must return to their home countries on completion of their studies and give back to their communities.
MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program at University of Pretoria- Areas
Mastercard Foundation offers a full scholarship to students who have applied for and been admitted to one of the following programmes at the University of Pretoria:
- Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- Faculty of Humanities for entry into the BPolSci (Political Studies or International Studies only)
Honours and Masters degree applications will be accepted in the fields of Engineering (continuing students only).
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) Eligibility
- Candidates should be citizens from Africa.
- Applicants should come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate financial neediness.
- Candidates should demonstrate leadership potential and ought to be involved in a giving back project eg. in a community, at school, church etc
- Academic excellence is paramount and students have to maintain a high academic average at all times.
The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) Benefits
The scholarship covers:
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation in a UP residence
- Books and printed material
- A modest monthly stipend
- Medical aid
- Travel costs (one return trip for the duration of the study period)
- Cost of one visa application for the duration of the study period.
University of Pretoria MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Selection Criteria.
- Selection will focus on prior academic achievement, but also on the fit of the applicant to the ethos of the Program, which is focused on leadership and community development for Africa in addition to academic success.
- Successful applicants must be committed to completing their qualifications in minimum time, returning to their home countries and giving back to their communities.
How to Apply for The Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP)
Applications for the MCFSP open on May 1, 2021 and close on October 31, 2021. Application for admission at the University of Pretoria is fully online.
Download the hard copy of the postgraduate application form. Submit your MCFSP application form to firstname.lastname@example.org for postgraduates together with ALL supporting documents as stated on the first page of the application form.