The Governing Council and Management of Grooming People for Better Livelihood Centre (Grooming Centre), a leading Microfinance Institution in Nigeria, are now accepting applications from eligible undergraduate and postgraduate students in Nigerian tertiary institutions for its 2022 grant scheme.
The aim of the scheme, which is the third in the series, is to catalyze research and knowledge development in the areas of microfinance, rural development, inclusive finance, social enterprise, MSME and women in development.
2022 Grooming Centre University Grant Scheme Objectives, Beneficiaries and Requirements
- To promote financial inclusion and contribution to the knowledge base in enterprise development through research.
- The 2022 University Grant will be awarded to 100 Undergraduate and 50 Postgraduate students who are presently carrying out their research studies in the areas of either microfinance, rural development, inclusive finance, social enterprise, MSME and women in development.
- The applicant must be either a student at the undergraduate or postgraduate level in a Nigerian tertiary institution whose research study covers any of such areas as financial inclusion, microfinance, rural development, social enterprise, MSMEs, technological development, women in development or any other research that is aimed at lifting people out of poverty.
- Research Areas
- The focus of the research study must be relevant to the Nigerian context, practical, innovative and should be capable of promoting any of the above areas of interest, in the Nigerian space.
- The applicant must be a student at a NUC/NBTE-approved Nigerian university or polytechnic.
- The applicant must submit a written and signed recommendation from his/her project supervisor.
- The research must show a high level of originality, and imaginative thought and be data inclusive.
- (There are no age, gender, religious or ethnic barriers to application).
How to 2022 Grooming Centre University Grant Scheme
Interested candidates who meet the criteria listed above should apply by clicking on the “Apply” button below:
- The applicant must submit a research concept of between10-15 pages which will include an introduction, literature review, research methodology including references and a page of the candidate’s personal profile. The candidate will also submit a final soft copy of the research project on completion of the study. (See Abstract for Guide).
RECOMMENDED: Check Here for More Scholarships and Opportunities.