World Bank Group (WBG) Youth Summit Competition 2022 is calling for applications. The WBG Youth Summit Competition seeks proposals from youth who have innovative and action-oriented solutions and projects to contribute to “Unlocking the Power of Inclusion for Equitable Growth” based on three pillars of development: social, environmental, and economic.
The competition rewards the most innovating idea that fosters one of the following:
- SOCIAL INCLUSION as the driver for equitable growth (Education, Health, Gender, Social Safety Nets)
- ENVIRONMENTAL INCLUSION as the driver for equitable growth (Climate Change Mitigation, Adaptation, Climate Smart Technologies)
- ECONOMIC INCLUSION as the driver for equitable growth (Access to Financial Services, Financial Decision-Making, Sustainable Livelihoods & Employment, Private Capital Mobilization)
World Bank Group (WBG) Youth Summit Competition Eligibility
- Open to individuals or teams not exceeding four (4) people, aged 18 – 35.
- Participants can be students, as well as people in the work force or any other occupation.
- No prior experience in any particular field or topic is necessary.
- Diverse, gender-balanced team compositions are strongly encouraged.
World Bank Group (WBG) Youth Summit Competition Benefits
- Finalists will have the chance to connect with experts engaged in global solution-solving in the impact space, including both public and private sector leaders across the social, environmental, and economic inclusion landscapes.
- They will also be offered an opportunity to pitch to potential investors, get tailored mentoring, and receive admission into the inaugural Youth Summit Competition Alumni Network, as well as other virtual and in-person initiatives to elevate the finalists’ story and solution throughout the World Bank network.
How to Apply for World Bank Group (WBG) Youth Summit Competition
- STEP 1 – Information Session on February 11, 2022: Watch a replay of the information webinar for all the information you need to submit a solid application and pitch deck.
- STEP 2 – Submit Your Proposal (Deadline: March 4, 2022, 11:59 pm EST): Applicants and pitch decks will be evaluated by an expert committee. Shortlisted individuals/teams will be announced by early April and will proceed to the next stage.
- STEP 3 – Refine your Idea & Prepare your Pitch (April): Individuals/teams shortlisted in Stage 2 will receive feedback on their pitch deck and may be asked to submit further information or refine their pitch deck.
- STEP 4 – Pitch your Idea at the Youth Summit (May): Finalists will join the 2022 WBG Youth Summit at the World Bank Headquarters in Washington D.C. Travel expenses will be covered including lodging for up to three nights for one representative from each team. Other team members will be able to participate through the virtual platform. Given the ongoing developments associated with the COVID-19 pandemic, the World Bank Youth Summit team will adhere to CDC travel guidelines and confirm travel feasibility in advance of the Youth Summit.
INSTRUCTIONS: All applications must submit both of the following application components:
- Application Form:
- Applicants must submit the application form here.
- Pitch Deck:
- Pitch Deck submissions must be submitted in PDF format and size should be less then 10MB.
- Pitch Deck submissions can be done through the application form.
- Download the pitch deck template