The World Bank Africa Centre of Excellence in Oilfield Chemicals Research (ACE-CEFOR), University of Port Harcourt (UniPort) was established in 2013 to support quality postgraduate training and manpower development in Africa.
The ACE-CEFOR offers international graduate programmes for sustainable development in the petroleum industry and is well-positioned to deliver high-quality professional services to the oil and gas sector through capacity building/cutting-edge research for addressing regional development challenges.
In line with the World Bank’s mandate for establishing the African Centre of Excellence in Uniport about 70 students from Nigeria and other African countries are currently embarking on their Ph.D programme. (fully sponsored by the World Bank)
Ph.D PROGRAMME IN PETROLEUM STUDIES AND RELATED DISCIPLINES
The objective of the programme is to commit intelligent and talented young men and women within the African region to solving the diverse problems in the oil and gas, and allied industries. The doctoral degree programmes are offered in the following areas: (1) Petroleum Engineering; (2) Chemical Engineering; (3) Petroleum/Energy Economics; (4) Geosciences; (5) Environmental Technology and Management (6) Occupational Health and Safety; (7) Microbiology; (8) Pure and Industrial Chemistry, (9) Plant Science and Biotechnology, (10) Other related Science and Engineering Courses.
WHO CAN APPLY FOR THE Ph.D PROGRAMME?
- Candidates with relevant M.Sc degree of the University of Port Harcourt with a CGPA of 4.0 and above on a scale of 5, and a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on a scale of 5 in their first degree or its equivalent degree from any accredited institution.
- Candidates must also possess the minimum entry requirements with, at least, a credit pass in Mathematics and English Language in their Ordinary Level certificates.
DURATION OF PROGRAMME
- Minimum of twenty-four (24) and maximum of thirty-six (36) Calendar months of intensive modular taught courses and industry-relevant research project.
WHY ACE-CEFOR UNIPORT?
A Unique & Totally Industry & Research Driven Programme
The Environment in the Centre is well conducive for Learning & Research
Modern Learning Facilities
Students have access to audio visual aids, research journals, e-learning and unlimited internet facilities.
— All Students have access to EBSCO and Science Direct Journals.
Bag a Ph.D in Record Time
Our Students Graduate in a Record time of 24 Calendar months
COURSES & TEACHING FACULTY
The Teaching Faculty of World Bank ACE-CEFOR Uniport Consists of:
– Lecturers from Uniport
– Other Universities within and outside Nigeria
– Lecturers from Professional Institutions abroad
– Experts from the Industry.
SPONSORSHIP & GRANTS
Sponsorship is highly competitive, apart from the fact that the programme is funded by the World Bank, candidates are also encouraged to seek for other funding sources.
A non-refundable application fee of thirty thousand naira (₦30,000.00) or one hundred US dollars (US $100) only for foreign students in certified bank draft or online transfer payable to:
U & C Microfinance Bank Uniport, Account Number: 0152845011.
Payment can also be made online at www.aceceforuniport.edu.ng/admissions
APPLICATION PROCEDUREInterested candidates should:
- Visit the website of the school: www.aceceforuniport.edu.ng/admissions to create an account and verify your email address
- Click on APPLICATION FEE PAYMENT MENU, SELECT PAYMENT METHOD(BANK DEPOSIT/INTERNET TRANSFER/ONLINE PAYMENT VIA DEBIT CARD) AND PROCEED TO MAKING PAYMENT BY COMPLETING THE PROCESS OF CHECKOUT. Evidence of payment made via bank transfer/Internet transfer/bank deposit should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org )
(ONLINE PAYMENT ENABLES INSTANT ACTIVATION TO FILL THE FORM. BANK DEPOSIT/TRANSFER WILL NEED TO BE CONFIRMED BEORE YOU CAN FILL THE FORM)
- Click the APPLICATION FORM MENU TO Fill the Application Form online
- Ensure your referees fill your reference form via the link sent to their email. Alternatively you can send our email to your referees (email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org) to send your reference as an email message or MS WORD attachment.
- Upload the required documents on the website (www.aceceforuniport.edu.ng/admissions) via the UPLOADS MENU
- Transcript should be sent to the school through the transcript label sent to your email or electronic copy sent to our mail (email@example.com)
- Three (3) coloured copies of the Completed application form with your referees remarks reflected plus supporting documents including evidence of payment enclosed should be submitted in person or mail to: The Centre Leader, ACE-CEFOR Office, Opposite Choba Police Station, East-West Road, UniPort on or before Friday, 8th April 2022.
Applicants should visit the institute website https://www.aceceforuniport.edu.ng/admissions to Pay online, fill the Application form online.
Dates to Note: Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed by April 2022; Successful candidates will be notified and lectures shall commence in April 2022.
For enquiries, please, Call: +234 (0)8037100051, +234(0)8037902833 or E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org.