Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the postgraduate programmes of the Rhema University, Nigeria for the 2021/2022 academic session. The available higher degree and postgraduate diploma programmes are indicated below.
Rhema University Postgraduate Courses
COLLEGE OF BASIC AND APPLIED SCIENCES
PGD, M.Sc. and Ph.D. degree programmes in Microbiology are offered by the Department of Biological Sciences with areas of specialization in Food and Industrial Microbiology, Environmental Microbiology, and Medical and Pathogenic Microbiology. The Department of Chemical Sciences offers PGD, M.Sc. and Ph.D. degree programmes in Chemistry and Biochemistry while the Department of Physical Sciences offers PGD, M.Sc. and Ph.D degree programmes in Computer Science.
COLLEGE OF MANAGEMENT AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
The Department of Management Sciences offers PGD, M.Sc. and Ph.D. in Accounting and Banking and Finance. PGD, M.Sc. and Ph,D degree programmes in Economics, and Political Science are offered by the Department of Social Sciences. The Department also offers PGD programme in Mass Communication
Note: Where applicable, candidates would be expected to specialize in one of the fields of study within the Department (See Rhema University PG Handbook).
Rhema University Postgraduate Admission Requirements
Postgraduate Diploma Programme (PGD)
The criteria for admission into the PGD programme will be as follows:
- All candidates must have five credit passes including English, Mathematics and three other relevant subjects at O’ Level in not more than two sittings.
- Candidates with Bachelor’s degree from an approved university with a minimum of 3rd class degree in the relevant discipline.
- Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) in relevant programmes from approved institutions with a minimum of upper credit may also be considered for admission.
- For unclassified HND certificates, a CGPA of 3.50 (5-point scale) and 3.00 (4- point scale) or 60% shall be taken as equivalent to upper credit.
Master’s Degree Programmes (M.Sc.)
The criteria for admission into the Master’s Programme (M.Sc.) will be as follows:
- A candidate with a first degree from a recognized university with a minimum of a second class lower division (CGPA of not less than 3.00/5.00), provided the University Matriculation requirement is satisfied.
- A candidate with a good postgraduate diploma from a recognized university provided the University Matriculation requirement is satisfied.
- Any other certificate or qualification that may be acceptable to Senate.
Doctor Of Philosophy Programmes (Ph.D)
Candidates for Ph.D. admission must satisfy the following conditions:
- A candidate with a Master’s degree in the relevant discipline with an overall performance of not less than 60% from a recognized university provided the University Matriculation requirement is satisfied.
- A candidate with an M.Phil. degree in relevant discipline from a recognized university.
As part of the application, candidates are required to submit a Concept Note of not more than two (2) pages for Ph.D programmes and one (1) page for Master’s programmes. The Concept Note, a mini summary of Research Proposal highlighting the Candidate’s intended research interest when admitted, would be type-written in the space provided in the Application Form.
The Concept Note should cover the following:
- – Brief theoretical background
- – Statement of the problem
- – Relevance of the study to self and the society
- – Objective(s) of the study
- – Justification
- – Methodology
Candidates who fail to send their concept notes online along with their application forms may not be allowed to take part in the oral interview.
Rhema University Postgraduate Programmes Duration
- Postgraduate Diploma Programme
- Postgraduate Diploma programme shall run for a minimum of 2 semesters and a maximum of 4 semesters.
- Master’s Degree Programmes
- Master’s Programmes shall run for a minimum of 3 semesters and a maximum of 5 semesters.
- Doctor Of Philosophy (Ph.D) Programmes
- Ph.D programmes shall run for a minimum of 6 semesters and a maximum of 8 semesters.
Candidates are expected to complete their programmes at the minimum duration but not to exceed the maximum.
How to Apply for Rhema University Postgraduate Admission Form
Application forms can be obtained online on payment of a non-refundable fee of ₦20,000.00 (twenty thousand naira only) made payable to the Rhema University school fees account at:
Bank: First Bank of Nigeria
Account Name: Rhema University, Nigeria
Account Number: 2034049073
Applicants should log on to http://portal.rhemauniversity.edu.ng, click on postgraduate applications and follow the procedure. The current postgraduate studies handbook is available online. However, the hard copy is also available for collection at the office of the Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Rhema University, Nigeria on the payment of ₦5,000.00 (five thousand naira only) at the above bank account number
Candidates should download three copies of the Referee’s Report Form after completing the preliminary and personal details online. Two of the referees shall be from the applicant’s former teachers and one from someone who can attest to the applicant’s character and integrity. The referees shall be required to send the reports, under confidential cover, to:
The Secretary of the School of Postgraduate Studies
Rhema University, Nigeria
P.M.B. 7021, Aba, Abia State
Candidates should download the Transcript Request Form also provided online and submit to their former universities/institutions to forward with a copy of the candidate’s academic transcript to “The Secretary, School of Postgraduate Studies, Rhema University, Nigeria”. The transcript should reach the Secretary not later than 4th March, 2022. Candidates whose transcripts are not received on/before the deadline by the School would not have the application forms processed.
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FORMS
Most information required will be completed online. However, a copy of the online completed application form should be downloaded and printed to stop the printed application form with the relevant documents as listed below should be posted or delivered to the set 3 schools of postgraduate studies Rhema University Nigeria; not later than 4th March 2022. The Required documents include:
- NYSC Certificate (Discharge, Exemption or Exclusion Certificate),
- Three copies of the completed application summary form available online should be downloaded and printed
- Credentials and documents of entry qualification(s),
- Six passport photographs and
- Concept Note (for Master’s and Ph.D programmes)
The closing date application starts from the date of this publication and closes on 4th March 2022.
For further enquiry, check Post Graduate Application Form Also check the website for information on screening processes from 14th March 2022.