Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for admission into the Postgraduate Diploma and Degree Programmes of the Olabisi Onabanjo University (OOU), Ago Iwoye for the 2021/2022 academic session.
Duration of Olabisi Onabanjo University Postgraduate Programmes
|S/N||Programmes||Mode of Study||Minimum Duration||Maximum Duration|
|1.||Postgraduate Diploma Programmes||Full-Time|
|2.||Professional Master Degree Programme||Full-Time|
|3.||Academic Master Degree Programmes||Full-Time|
OOU Postgraduate Programmes Admission Requirements
a. Postgraduate Diploma Programmes
Applicants for admission into the Postgraduate Diploma Programme must be:
- Graduate of the Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other approved University with a minimum of Third Class.
- Holders of Higher National Diploma at not less than Lower Credit level.
b. Academic Master Degree Programmes
(i) M.A/M.Sc./M.Ed., LL.M
Applicants shall normally possess not lower than Second Class Honours (Lower Division) Degree of the Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other approved University in relevant disciplines.
c. Professional Master Degree Programmes
Applicants shall normally possess not lower than Second Class Honours (Lower Division) Degree of the Olabisi Onabanjo University or other approved University or a Higher National Diploma at not less than Lower Credit level or a Third Class University Degree with a Postgraduate Diploma in the relevant field(s) and/or fellowship of the relevant professional body.
d. PhD Programmes
- Candidates who obtained their Master degree in relevant disciplines from Olabisi Onabanjo University with a minimum of 3.50 Cumulative Grade Points would be allowed to register for PhD programmes directly.
- Candidates from Olabisi Onabanjo University with Cumulative Grade Points of 3.00 to 3.49 will only be admitted for M.Phil/Ph.D. and not PhD directly. Their candidature for PhD shall, however, be determined based on their performance after two (2) Semesters course work.
- Candidates who obtained their Master degree in relevant disciplines from other Institutions apart from Olabisi Onabanjo University with a minimum of 3.00 Cumulative Grade Points on a 5 point Scale or Weighted Average of 50% will only be admitted for M.Phil/Ph.D. Their candidature for PhD shall, however, be determined based on their performance after two (2) Semesters course work.
e. Candidates applying for the following programmes are to note their admission requirements:
- M.Sc. Mass Communication
- O’ Level Credit pass in English Language, and Mathematics are compulsory for all Mass Communication Programmes applicants.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Law
- Candidates having not less than Third Class Bachelor’s Degree in Law of the Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other approved University. Candidates must possess at least five credit passes at O’ Level, including English Language and English Literature.
- Master of Law (LL.M.)
- Holders of Bachelor of Law (LL.B) Degree of Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Olabisi Onabanjo University with a minimum of Second Class Lower; and
- Holders of Bachelor of Law (LL.B) Degree of Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other University recognized by the Senate of Olabisi Onabanjo University who do not meet the requirement in (a) above but hold the Postgraduate Diploma in Law Degree.
- Postgraduate Diploma in Anaesthesia
- Holders of a good First Degree in Medicine and Surgery from Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other University approved by Senate of Olabisi Onabanjo University.
- Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Graduates of Olabisi Onabanjo University with a degree of M.B.Ch.B or equivalent Medical and Dental Degrees such as MBS/BDS from other recognized Universities. Candidates must possess at least five years of qualification experience (including Internship, NYSC Services plus three years working experience in areas relevant to Public Health.
- M.Sc. Pharmaceutics and Pharmaceutical Technology
- Holders of a good First Degree in Pharmacy (classified) from Olabisi Onabanjo University or any other University approved by Senate of Olabisi Onabanjo University.
- Holders of classified Pharmacy degrees not below Second Class Honours (Lower Division) or CGPA of not less than 3.0 may be admitted.
- Candidates must have scored acceptable grades (not less than C) in Pharmaceutics courses in their final year undergraduate examinations.
IN ADDITION TO THE STATED ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS FOR INDIVIDUAL PROGRAMMES ABOVE, ALL APPLICANTS ARE TO NOTE THAT:
- All programmes in the University require Five (5) O’ Level Credit pass in relevant subjects in not more than two sittings.
- All candidates are expected to have fulfilled the basic O’ Level requirements for the intended programmes.
- For admission into any of the Programmes, possession of National Youth Service Corps (N.Y.S.C.) Discharge/Exemption/Exclusion Certificate issued by the Directorate is compulsory
- All Applicants are to request their Alma Mater to forward the Academic Transcripts of their Higher National Diploma / 1st Degree / Postgraduate Diploma / Master Degree to the Secretary, Postgraduate School, Olabisi Onabanjo University, Ago-Iwoye not later than Friday, 4th February, 2022.
- All Ph.D candidates are required to contact the relevant Departments for availability of Supervisors and vacancies before applying.
OOU Postgraduate Qualifying Exam /Interview Schedule
The Qualifying examinations/Interviews for all Postgraduate Programmes of the University WILL HOLD on FRIDAY, 4TH FEBRUARY, 2022.
Application Submission Acknowledgement Slip is to be brought along during the Qualifying Examination/Interview scheduled to take place on FRIDAY, 4TH FEBRUARY, 2022 for all modes of the programme in the Venue as follows:
|1.||Arts, Education, Science, Law, Social Sciences AND Administration and Management Sciences||Departments|
|2.||Basic Medical Sciences, Pharmacy & Clinical Sciences||Departments|
|3.||Engineering AND Environmental Studies||Departments|
|4.||Agricultural Management and Rural Development AND Agricultural Production and Renewable Resources||Departments|
How to Apply for OOU Postgraduate Admission
Application Form is to be purchased with the sum of Fifteen Thousand Naira (N15,000.00) VIA:
https://pgs.oouagoiwoye.edu.ng/portal/application/apply.php (WEB PAYMENT).
For further details/enquiries, contact: +2348037211331, +2348096772583 (Text messages and Whatsapp Only)
CLOSING DATE: All Applications Forms are to be completed and submitted online on or before Thursday, 3rd February 2022.