Are you searching for How To Check School Admission Status, How to Check JAMB Admission Status 2022/2023, How do I check my JAMB admission status in 2022/2023, How To Check JAMB Admission Status? How do I check my admission status on JAMB Portal 2022? How do I know if JAMB gave me admission? How do I check if I have been given admission? If yes then this post is for you.
Note that checking of admission status on the JAMB portal is totally FREE!
Please be informed that most tertiary institutions will not publish their admission list on their own portal or notice board on time. So checking admission status will enable candidates to know if they have been given admission.
We will show the steps, guidelines on how to check your admission status on the JAMB CAPS Portal or your school website without stress.
How to Check JAMB Admission Status 2022/2023
If you don’t have an account with JAMB portal you will have to create one to check your admission status. RECOMMENDED: How to Create a JAMB Account.
If you already created JAMB profile, kindly follow the steps outlined below to check your admission status on the JAMB Admission portal:
- visit to https://portal.jamb.gov.ng/efacility../.
- Log in with your JAMB EMAIL and PASSWORD.
- After successfully logging in, scroll down, then locate and click the “Check Admission Status” tab or CAPS.
- Select your Exam year if required.
- Enter your JAMB Registration number in the required columns if required.
- Finally, click on “Check Admission Status” to access your admission status.
Not Offered Admission Yet? Keep monitoring your status.
Kindly note that the Admission Lists are in batches on the JAMB portal as they are processed.
What is the next step of after being given Admitted on JAMB Portal
Successfully admitted candidates are advised to:
- Login to their JAMB Central Admission Processing System (CAPS) and ACCEPT or REJECT their admission.
- Print their JAMB admission letter after accepting the admission. This will be needed during clearance and registration.
- Print their original JAMB result slip (this comes with passport photography affixed to it).
- Apply for a change of course on the JAMB Portal in case they are offered courses different from the ones they initially applied for.
What to do if Your JAMB Admission Status shows ‘Not Yet Admitted’
Not Yet admitted? If yes, please take note of the following:
1. Login into JAMB CAPS to verify your O’level result upload.
It’s important to verify whether your O’level result has been uploaded on the JAMB portal or not, as failure to upload your O’level result can affect your JAMB admission status.
- Log-in to your JAMB profile (https://www.jamb.org.ng/efacility_/)
- Click on ‘Check Admission Status,
- Click on ‘Access my CAPS’
- Click on ‘My O’level’ to confirm if your O’level is uploaded. If not, visit any nearby accredited JAMB CBT centre to upload your O’level result. Admission cannot be processed for candidates whose O’level status in CAPS indicates ‘Awaiting Result’.
2. Check if you have been recommended for transfer to another program.
Based on the JAMB CAPS implementation policy, institutions have the right to consider some candidates for transfer from the choice programme to another programme because of UTME and O’level combinations.
Candidates are expected to monitor their admission by following the instructions a-c above, then click the ‘Transfer Approval’ link to know if they are recommended for transfer to another program. You are required to either accept or reject this transfer consideration. If you accept, your first choice institution will be able to admit you to the new program. If you reject, you will remain in your preferred Course / Program. The program transfer will not be effected.
3. You applied for the JAMB UTME with awaiting result.
Candidates who used ‘awaiting result’ during their registration are to upload their O’Level result on the JAMB portal so that their institution of choice will process their admission. To avoid disqualification, direct-entry candidates, including JUPEB students, should also upload their A’level and O’level results. This is to enable the screening officers to determine their qualifications for admission. Recommended: How to Upload O’Level Result on JAMB Portal / Profile.
ALSO READ: JAMB SYLLABUS